People Over 50 Are Revealing A Personal Truth That They Hope Younger People Realize Sooner Than They
They say youth is wasted on the young, and whether or not that's true, there are certainly plenty of things you only realize later in life. So Redditor u/h-gotfred asked "To you redditors aged 50+, what's something you genuinely believe young people haven't realized yet, but could enrich their lives or positively impact their outlook on life?"
1. "Everybody messes up, but it's what you do after the fact that matters."
2. "I heard a saying once that has proven to be very true. When you're young you constantly worry about what everyone else thinks of you. When you're an adult, you stop worrying about what everyone else thinks of you. And when you're old, you finally realize that nobody else was thinking about you all along."
3. "Focus on experiences, not things. When you look back at the years you remember good times with great people and also visiting great places or attending important events."
4. "Stop thinking that life is about being the most productive person you can be. Find interesting hobbies that make you feel good and are good for you. Your soul deserves to experience that."
5. "Honesty is the most powerful tool you can use to define yourself. Admit your mistake, frankly and honestly. The truth always comes out in the end no matter how big or small and it doesn't get better with age. You can give back something you steal and you can help those you hurt, but once someone brands you a liar, it's all you will ever be."